Important – Specimen labeling and delivery:
- Ensure full first and last names and date of birth (dd/mm/yy) are clearly written on the specimen tube
- Ensure date and time of collection is written on the request form and specimen container
- Take the specimen and request form into the Collection Centre as soon after collection as possible
URINE FOR CHLAMYDIA
NB to client: Ensure you do not pass urine for at least 1 hour prior to test
- Pass the FIRST 10-30ml urine into the dish provided
- Transfer the urine into the container provided and secure lid firmly
Three early morning urines are collected on three consecutive days* and each specimen must be delivered daily to the nearest Collection Centre as soon as possible following collection.
Before collecting each daily specimen:
- Collect first urine passed for the day into the dish provided or if you think it is not large enough, a clean ice cream container will be satisfactory.
- Transfer the urine into the container provided. Fill the container provided. At least 50mLof urine is required for testing.
- Ensure name and date of birth is clearly written on the bottle and either Specimen 1, 2 or 3 (*corresponding with the day of collection)
Date Issued: 23/10/2018 PCS-PI-020
Authorised by: HOD, Patient Services