Your specimen should be collected 8 – 16 weeks following your vasectomy.
- Abstain from sexual intercourse for at least 3 days and not longer than 7 days prior to test.
- DO NOT use a condom or any form of lubricant.
- Obtain specimen by masturbation or withdrawal method.
- Collect the entire specimen into the container provided.
- Ensure your name and date of birth are clearly written on the container
- Ensure the date and time of collection are written on the form.
- Return the specimen and request form to any Labtests Collection Centre on the day of collection for transport to the main laboratory.
NOTE: In a small percentage of patients, sperm may be seen for several weeks after the vasectomy. If this is the case for your specimen, you will have to submit another specimen and deliver it to the laboratory within one hour of collection at:
37-41 Carbine Road, Mt Wellington, between the hours of:
7.00 am – 3.30 pm – Monday to Friday
8.00 am – 12.00 pm – Saturday
For further information, please call 09 574 7399
Date Issued: 25/07/2021 PCS-PI-021
Authorised by: Operations Manager