- This is a non-fasting test for gestational diabetes. You may eat and drink before the commencement of the test, but have nothing to eat or drink during the 1 hour of the test.
- You will be given a bottle of Carbotest to drink. You must drink the whole bottle within a 5-10 minute period (50g glucose).
- For one hour you should have only water to drink. Please do not smoke or chew gum. You may pass urine if needed.
- Please inform the collection centre staff if at any stage you feel unwell.
- You must remain in the collection centre for the duration of the test.
Date Issued: 05/01/2021 PCS-PI-011
Authorised by: HOD, Patient Services