Important – Specimen labelling and delivery:
- Ensure full first and last names and date of birth (dd/mm/yy) are clearly written on the specimen container
- Ensure date and time of collection is written on the request form and specimen container
- Ensure the bladder is empty by passing urine into the toilet so it does not contaminate the faeces.
- Collect a fresh faeces specimen directly into a faeces container provided to you.
- The scoop attached to the lid of the faeces container can be used to transfer the specimen
- The minimum amount required is approximately 1g (size of a walnut), no more than a half full container.
- Take the specimen (and form) into the Collection Centre as soon as possible after collection.
Note: If more than one sample is required repeat the above procedure the following day and deliver the specimen to Labtests Collection Centre as soon as possible.
For further information, please call 09 574 7399
Date Issued: 05/01/2021 PCS-PI-005
Authorised by: HOD, Patient Services