Important – Specimen labelling and delivery:
- Ensure full first and last names and date of birth (dd/mm/yy) are clearly written on the specimen container
- Ensure date and time of collection is written on the request form and specimen container
- Ensure the bladder is empty by passing urine into the toilet so it does not contaminate the faeces.
- Collect a fresh faeces specimen directly into a faeces container provided to you.
- The scoop attached to the lid of the faeces container can be used to transfer the specimen
- The minimum amount required is approximately 1g (size of a walnut), no more than a half full container.
- Take the specimen (and form) into the Collection Centre as soon as possible after collection.
Note: If more than one sample is required repeat the above procedure the following day and deliver the specimen to Labtests Collection Centre as soon as possible
|For further information, please call 09 574 7399|
Date Issued: 4/7/2019 PCS-PI-005
Authorised by: HOD, Patient Services