Frequently asked questions
Please read through the following FAQs to see if they answer your query prior to sending us an enquiry form.
What is the pre-departure travel process?
For information on the pre-departure travel process, please click here.
How do I get a copy of my lab results?
- Labtests recommends patients obtain their results from their referrer (doctor) who can explain what the results mean in a clinical context.
- To request a copy of your results directly from the laboratory, please visit any Labtest’s Collection Centre (bring photo ID) and complete a ‘request for results’ form. We will then send a copy of your results via email as a password protected attachment. The email will usually be sent within seven working days of the tests being completed.
- If you have already completed a request for results form and you are wanting to know when to expect your results, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, please include your full name and date of birth or NHI number.
Can I request a test myself?
Yes you can. To check which tests are available as a self-referral and their costs, please visit mytests.labtests.co.nz/order/. If you are wanting a test that is not on this list, you will need a referral from a NZ medical practitioner.
What are your Collection Centre’s opening hours?
Opening hours for all of our Collection Centres can be found on our website here.
How can I request extra testing for my patient?
If you are wanting to organise an add-on test for your patient, please email the request to: email@example.com
What do I do if I’ve received results in error?
If you have received results in error, please email the details (or a copy of the results) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Please ensure the results are from Labtests as we are often sent miss-directed results from other labs.
Send an enquiry
If the above FAQs have not answered your question, then please complete the form below.
Labtests welcomes your feedback, issues, suggestions or praise. As your comments are valued and assist us to provide a quality service, we have a dedicated Communications Coordinator who will ensure all issues are followed up.
There are a number of ways in which you can communicate with us:
- Complete the “enquiry” form above
- Phone our Contact Centre on 09 574 7399
- Write a letter and post to Labtests, P O Box 12049, Penrose 1642, Auckland
All feedback/complaints received are logged, fully investigated and you will receive a response.