Frequently asked questions
Please read through the following FAQs to see if they answer your query prior to sending us an enquiry form.
Do I need to make a booking for my test?
Labtests is a walk-in service, so no booking is required for the majority of tests available.
An appointment is required for the following tests only: Glucose tolerance test, skin sensitivity testing, DNA diagnostics and Mantoux. To make a booking for these specific tests, please phone our special test booking line on 09 574 7399 – option 4, Monday-Friday, 8.00 am to 6.00 pm.
A booking is also required for COVID-19 pre-departure testing. Please refer to the Test to Travel website to make this booking on https://testtotravel.co.nz/
How do I get a copy of my lab results?
- Labtests recommends patients obtain their results from their referrer (doctor) who can explain what the results mean in a clinical context.
- To request a copy of your results directly from the laboratory, please visit any Labtest’s Collection Centre (bring photo ID) and complete a ‘request for results’ form. We will then send a copy of your results via email as a password protected attachment. The email will usually be sent within seven working days of the tests being completed.
- If you have already completed a request for results form and you are wanting to know when to expect your results, please send an email to: email@example.com, please include your full name and date of birth or NHI number.
Can I request a test myself?
Yes you can. To check which tests are available as a self-referral and their costs, please visit mytests.labtests.co.nz/order/. If you are wanting a test that is not on this list, you will need a referral from a NZ medical practitioner.
How can I request extra testing for my patient?
If you are wanting to organise an add-on test for your patient, please email the request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
What do I do if I’ve received results in error?
If you have received results in error, please email the details (or a copy of the results) to: email@example.com.
Note: Please ensure the results are from Labtests as we are often sent miss-directed results from other labs.
What are your collection centre’s opening hours?
Opening hours for all of our collection centres can be found on our website here.
How can I share my feedback or complaint?
Awanui Labs (Labtests) welcomes your feedback, issues, suggestions or praise. Your comments are valuable and assist us to provide a quality service.
There are a number of ways in which you can communicate with us:
- Complete the “enquiry” form below
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone our Contact Centre on 09 574 7399
- Write a letter and post to Labtests, P O Box 12049, Penrose 1642, Auckland
All feedback and complaints we receive are recorded and investigated if required.
We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within 5 working days and if necessary, we will formally respond to your complaint within 20 working days.
Send an enquiry
If the above FAQs have not answered your question, then please complete the form below.