Important – Specimen labelling:
- Ensure full first and last names and date of birth (dd/mm/yy) are clearly written on the specimen container
- Ensure date and time of collection is written on the request form and specimen container
- Ensure that bladder is empty by passing urine into the toilet so it does not contaminate the faeces.
- Collect a fresh faeces specimen directly into a faeces container provided to you.
- The scoop attached to the lid of the faeces container can be used to transfer the specimen
- The minimum amount required is approximately 2g but no more than a half full container.
Storage and Transportation:
- Place the labelled specimen and form into the bio-hazard bag that has been provided.
- Refrigerate the specimen until transportation to the Collection centre.
Note: If more than one sample is required repeat the above procedure the following day and deliver the specimen to Labtests Collection Centre as soon as possible.
Date Issued: 08/07/2019 PCS-PI-026
Authorised by: HOD, Patient Services