Labtests has been providing pathology services to the Auckland community since August 2009.
At Labtests we recognise the importance of highly qualified staff, inspired leadership together with advanced information technology and automation to achieve service excellence.
Our purpose-built, state of the art laboratory was designed for optimised efficiency. In 2020 we replaced our Siemens LabCell® with the Roche Cobas solution. This solution not only provides analytical benefits with state of the art analysers and middleware but also enabled the automation of our pre analytical (sample management), post analytical (archiving and retrieval) and automated sample transport to the Sysmex Haematology Sample Tracking (HST) line.
The moment tubes are placed on our front end automation, the Roche middleware and our LIS system work together to manage the samples, recognising precisely where they need to go and then routing them for optimal efficiency. This reduces the number of steps required to sort, process and archive samples.
The Roche Cobas solution manages thousands of samples a day with minimal downtime and operator intervention.The modular, flexible design of the cobas analysers allow for expansion and updating as capacity or technology advances the same is true for the Sysmex Haematology Sample Tracking (HST) line. This solution has enabled us to increase our efficiency by removing unnecessary physical handling of the samples, cut down any room for human error, increases safety, accuracy, and speed and has future proofed our ability to continue to provide a high standard of service.
Labtests has invested in robust information technology systems. We have 100% redundant capacity built into our IT system to protect against system or equipment failures.
Labtests puts patients first. As part of our commitment to the Auckland region we have over 50 collection centres in addition to working with GP practices for the collection of samples.
As part of the Auckland Regional District Health Board (ARDHB) contract, we provide a range of pathology services for all GP’s, public hospital clinics and Midwives for diagnostic testing for eligible patients. Labtests will also provide commercial services for non funded requests.
Our pathologists are available to provide all clinicians with expert advice and interpretation to assist in the patient’s ongoing management and care.
In addition to laboratory testing, we provide extended services at the request of health practitioners.
- Specimen collection services
- Courier pickup
- A home visit specimen collection service for eligible patients
- Continuing professional development education
Labtests operates under the following STAR values;
- We strive to provide the highest standard of health care
- We look for new opportunities/ways to improve our care and service
- We seek to understand and exceed expectations
Teamwork and Integrity
- Our workmates know they can rely on the team
- We are open and honest in all our communications with each other
- We embrace constructive feedback and recognise achievements
- We earn each others’ respect and receive it in return
- We look to the future, always ensuring that we have stable platforms from which to build
- Continuous learning and creativity are integral to our jobs and the success of our company
- We are proactive and innovative in response to new and emerging industry and community opportunities and needs
- We are accountable to our colleagues, our patients and stakeholders, our company and our shareholders
- Our decisions are made with a balanced focus on financial security and service excellence
- Services are delivered in a way that incorporates the principles of Treaty of Waitangi and acknowledges cultural diversity.